When you’re trying to share a photo, video, or document on your Android device and it says “Sorry, this media file doesn’t exist (on SD card/internal storage),” don’t fret. Here are seven proven methods to fix this problem.
The what does media file doesn’t exist on your internal storage mean is a problem that many Android users have been experiencing. This article will go over 7 proven methods to fix the issue.
Have you ever seen the notice, “Sorry, this media file does not exist on your SD Card,”?
Have you ever seen the message “Sorry, this media file does not exist on your internal storage” while trying to view any media or WhatsApp files?
If that’s the case, keep cool and read this blog carefully. Here you can find some of the most effective troubleshooting solutions for the problem you have encountered.
This kind of issue is very frequent while accessing WhatsApp media files. Many users have reported seeing this problem while trying to view media files.
We’ll go through the causes for the problem in this article, as well as the best methods to repair sorry this media file does not exist on your internal storage.
A real-life situation
This media file does not exist on your SD Card, so please accept our apologies (WhatsApp error). Could you please assist me?
I transferred several videos from the device memory to the SD card and erased the videos from the device memory. ‘Sorry, this media file does not exist on your SD Card,’ it says when I attempt to view a movie on Whatsapp. The most of the videos are shaky. This occurs after I have previously uploaded the movies to the SD Card.
From- https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidQuestions/comments/59ia2i/sorry this media file doesnt exist on your sd/
‘Sorry, this media file does not exist on your internal storage/SD card,’ may be caused by a variety of factors.
When the cause is discovered, the user is aware of it. Because the mistake occurred as a result of the loss of certain media files. The media files are removed from the user’s computer, which means they are likewise erased from the server.
The second explanation was discovered when the phone’s OS was updated. When you upgrade your phone, all of the trash files are deleted from WhatsApp, and you get the error message as a result.
There may be additional factors that cause the data on the phone to be deleted, and when those media files are accessed, an error occurs.
So there may be a number of causes for the problem, but the most important thing is to figure out how to repair it.
Let’s have a look at some of the most effective troubleshooting techniques for “Sorry, this media file does not exist on your SD card/internal storage” below.
How to Correct an Error “This media file does not exist on your SD Card/Internal Storage,” says the message.
There are many ways that may assist you in resolving the issue mentioned above.
You’ll find a handful of them here that will undoubtedly solve the problem you’re having.
So let’s get started.
Method 1: The Easiest Way To Resolve This Media File Doesn’t Exist On SD Card (Advance Solution)
Use Android Repair software if you’re searching for a more sophisticated remedy to the problem. Sorry, this media file does not exist on your SD card is a professional repair program that efficiently works to fix the problem. The app is simple to use and may correct the problem on Android phones.
It not only solves Sorry, this media does not exist on your internal storage, but it also fixes other errors such as Android settings has stopped, Micro SD card not recognized, SD card suddenly deleted, invalid SIM card, and others. It is compatible with all Android smartphones and does so without causing data loss.
As a result, just download this incredible program and eliminate the mistake with simplicity.
Android Repair Tool is available for free download.
(* The free version simply scans and displays recoverable data.)
Restart Your Phone (Method 2)
Simply restarting your phone once is one of the easiest methods to deal with such an issue.
This technique is excellent for resolving minor issues, and you should be able to locate your media files after restarting the device.
- To begin, turn off your phone and then turn it back on.
- Allow some time for the phone to read all of the files on the SD card.
- You may now navigate to the media files section and access them.
If this technique fails to fix your issue, go on to the next.
Method 3: Unmount the SD card and re-mount it
This is also one of the most effective methods for removing the mistake.
- To begin, go to your phone’s Settings.
- Then, under Storage, choose Unmount SD card.
- Wait a few moments and then click Mount SD card.
- Then, go to File Manager and double-check all of the media files.
That is all there is to it.
Method 4: Recover lost media files by copying them back into the original WhatsApp folder.
Remember that any media assets you receive in WhatsApp, such as movies and pictures, are automatically stored in the Gallery folder beneath the WhatsApp folder.
As a result, anytime your phone displays “Sorry, this media file does not exist on your SD card/internal storage,” check to see whether those files are accessible in Gallery.
If such files are still accessible, transfer them to a different folder right away.
To get around this, you could go through your phone’s memory for deleted pictures and movies.
Then copy and paste them into the WhatsApp folder, and attempt to open them in WhatsApp once again. This will undoubtedly assist you in resolving the issue.
Method 5: Disable the SD card’s write protection.
When the SD card is in write-protected mode, the error is frequent. However, you should double-check it by following the instructions below.
- Connect the SD card to the computer first, then press the Start button.
- Now type CMD or Command into the search box.
- Then right-click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator from the context menu.
- Type the disk component here and then hit Enter.
- Then, press Enter after typing attrib -h -r -s /s /d drive letter:*.*.
- After that, write Exit and press Enter.
Method 6: Recover and replace media files that have been lost.
NOTE: The methods below work best with pictures provided immediately in conversation.
- To begin, go to Whatsapp.com.
- After that, go to your account and log in.
- Try loading the pictures or media assets that were causing problems on Status or in chat now. In certain instances, the picture is perfectly viewable.
- Here Use the Download button in the top right corner to save the picture or file. Stop here if you can see the picture.
- Aside from these options, you may connect your phone to a computer and transfer a copy of the downloaded file. After that, find the WhatsApp folder on the phone, which may be found on internal storage or on an SD card, and put the WhatsApp photos into the folder’s root. You may paste video files into their proper folders or paths.
- Finally, return to WhatsApp and attempt loading the status or picture once again.
Method 7: Use Android Data Recovery software to recover lost media files from your Android device.
When you don’t have any other options for recovering your lost media files, you’re left with just one option: utilizing a recovery software like Android Data Recovery. This is regarded as the finest recovery tool since it can quickly recover all of the data from an Android phone. All of your lost media files, such as pictures and movies, are recovered.
Aside from video and photos, additional data like as contacts, SMS, documents, call history, WhatsApp, notes, audio files, and more is recovered.
This software works in any data loss scenario since it thoroughly searches the device for media files on both the internal storage and the SD card.
So, to quickly recover lost media files from the Android internal memory/SD card, use Android Data Recovery program.
Android Data Recovery – Recover data from Android phones that have been lost or destroyed.
The finest and most successful solution for recovering data from Android phones that has been lost, erased, or is unavailable. The following are some distinctive features:
- Photos, contacts, SMS, videos, WhatsApp, call logs, documents, notes, and other data types may be recovered directly.
- Recover data lost due to a damaged screen, an accident, an inadvertent factory reset, formatting, a virus attack, or other circumstances.
- Allows you to “Recover” deleted files without a backup with a single click.
Several Android users have seen the message “Sorry, this media file does not exist on your SD Card/internal storage.”
This isn’t a new problem, but there are ways to address it. In this article, I’ve described seven techniques for resolving errors, and I hope that following them can assist you in resolving similar problems.
If you want a more sophisticated solution, use the Android Repair tool to repair the “sorry, this media does not exist on your internal storage” problem.
Also, if you have any ideas or questions, please leave them in the comment area below.
You may also contact us via our social media sites, such as Facebook and Twitter.
Sophia Louis is an SEO specialist and a professional blogger. She enjoys writing blogs and articles on Android and iOS phones. She is the creator of Android-iOS-data-recovery and is passionate about resolving problems with Android and iOS devices.
The how to download sorry this media file appears to be missing in whatsapp is a problem that has been present for a while. There are 7 proven methods to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you fix sorry this media file doesnt exist on your SD card on WhatsApp?
Unfortunately, there is no way to fix sorry this media file doesnt exist on your SD card on WhatsApp.
How do I fix sorry this media file appears to be missing?
Sorry, this media file appears to be missing.
How do I restore media from internal storage?
You can use a program called Media Transfer to move the media from your internal storage to an external hard drive.
- sorry this media doesn’t exist on your internal storage whatsapp
- message forwarding failed media is missing
- the source file does not exist android
- sorry this media file appears to be missing meaning