Android phones have an issue where incoming calls not showing on the screen, which is a pretty common problem for many people with this phone. I will show you how to fix it so your Android phone doesn’t suffer from these issues anymore.
The “incoming call display settings android” is a problem that has been present for a while. There are 9 ways to fix the issue.
Are you having problems with your Android phone’s incoming calls not showing up?
Do you want to know why my Android phone’s incoming calls aren’t working?
If you’re always annoyed by this kind of problem, don’t worry; this site will assist you.
Many customers are claiming that they are having problems with incoming calls not showing up on the phone screen or the screen not turning on. The phone keeps ringing, but you can’t see who is calling.
As a result, in this case, a few modifications are all that is required to rectify the problem.
So, let’s continue reading this article to see what the finest solutions are for my Android phone not showing incoming calls.
Best Solutions For Incoming Calls Not Showing On Android Display
Now it’s time to look at the ways that can assist you in resolving the issue of incoming calls not showing up on your Android phone.
So let’s get started.
Method 1: Turn Off and On Your Android Device
It is recommended that you restart your phone if you encounter a problem or malfunction on an Android smartphone. This is a simple and practical solution to the problem of incoming calls not showing up on Android.
Many faults or malfunctions on the phone may be resolved by restarting the device, and incoming calls can be shown again. Simply switch your smartphone off and on again after 5-10 minutes.
Check to see whether your phone is showing incoming calls.
Clear Cache And Data (Method 2)
Clearing the cache and data on your phone is another option for resolving the problem. If your phone isn’t displaying incoming calls, try clearing its cache.
The steps are as follows:
- Open Settings first, then Apps & Notifications.
- Then look for Phone App and choose it > then select Storage & Cache.
- Restart your device after selecting the Clear Cache option.
- Then, to Clear Data, repeat the same procedures.
That is all there is to it.
Note: When you clear data in this way, your call logs will be deleted as well.
Method 3: Force the app to close.
The next thing you should attempt to fix the problem is to Force Close and Reopen the phone app. To go to the App Info menu, long-press the Phone app icon and choose it.
Select the Force Stop option at the bottom of the screen, then reopen the phone app.
This procedure could help me figure out why incoming calls aren’t showing up on my phone.
Check DND Mode (method 4)
You should check DND mode if your Android phone does not show incoming calls. DND mode often disables all notifications, which causes issues when someone phones you.
As a result, you should verify it by doing the following steps:
- To begin, click to Settings > Sound.
- Immediately, go to “Do Not Disturb” and see whether it’s turned on. If it is, hit the “Turn off now” option to turn it off.
- If you want to enable DND mode, go to “Calls” and choose “Allow DND Calls.”
Note– If you wish to view calls while using DND, follow the instructions above to enable this option.
Method 5: Enable Incoming Call Notifications
By default, every phone has an incoming call notification enabled, although this may be modified by third-party applications or a system update.
As a result, anytime any update causes them to change, you may adjust the incoming call notification.
To alter the settings, follow the instructions below:
- Go to Settings first, and then to Apps or Application Manager.
- Now look for the default Phone app > > click on it choose Notifications/App Notifications from the drop-down menu.
Tip– Instead, on the Home screen, click and hold the Phone app, then choose App details, then Notifications.
- Then choose Incoming calls. Make sure the Show Notification button is turned on. Then choose Behavior from the drop-down menu. It’s the culprit if it says “Show quietly and minimize.” Change it to “Make Sound and Pop Up on the Screen” and you’re done.
If the choice is already set, just change to a different one to reset. After that, choose “Make Sound and Pop Up on the Screen” once again.
Grant Special App Access (Method 6)
It’s common knowledge that certain programs need authorization to function properly. So, if you’re having trouble with incoming calls not showing up on your Android phone, it’s possible that it requires specific permissions.
You should do so by following the instructions below:
- To begin, go to Settings > Apps & Notifications > Notifications.
- After that, go to Advanced and then Special app access.
- After that, check for the option “Display above other programs” and choose it.
- Next, locate the Phone app and choose “Display above other applications” from the drop-down menu.
That is all there is to it.
Change the call display (method 7)
If you have a Samsung phone, you may be aware that the incoming call is shown as a popup using the default PI.
However, this does not always work, and in certain cases, the incoming call does not appear on the display on Android/Samsung.
You must adjust the display screen from popup to full in this circumstance.
The steps are as follows:
- To begin, go to the phone’s Settings.
- Now, when using the applications menu, scroll down to Call display.
- Then, from the option that appears, choose Fullscreen.
Reset App Preferences (method 8)
According to the customer, the problem is caused by the phone app; if this is the case, resetting app options might assist.
Although no data will be deleted from the phone, a few settings, such as permissions and notifications, will be reset to default.
To reset app preferences, follow the steps below:
- To begin, go to Settings > Apps/Application Manager.
- Now, in the upper right corner, click the three-dot symbol. Choose Reset app preferences from the option that appears.
If this option isn’t available, go to Settings > System > Reset settings > Reset app preferences.
Method 9: Modify the Phone’s Default App
Users download a large number of third-party applications from the Google Play Store and change their phone app often. If you’ve done the same, these third-party applications will misinterpret an incoming call and display an error.
In this case, you’ll need to change the app on your Android/Samsung phone to the default one.
- To begin, go to the App Info menu.
- Choose the Calling app from the Default menu, then click Phone to make it the default app on your phone.
So that brings this blog to a close, where I’ve outlined a few handy strategies to repair incoming calls that aren’t showing up on Android. If you are experiencing the same problem on your Android or Samsung smartphone, the remedies listed below will assist you in resolving it.
Also, if you have any recommendations or questions, please leave them in the comment area below.
You may also contact us via our social media sites, such as Facebook and Twitter.
Sophia Louis is an SEO specialist and a professional blogger. She enjoys writing blogs and articles on Android and iOS phones. She is the creator of Android-iOS-data-recovery and is passionate about resolving difficulties with Android and iOS devices.
Watch This Video-
The “incoming calls are not showing on the screen but phone is ringing android” is a problem that has been present for a while. There are 9 ways to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why my incoming calls are not displaying Samsung?
A: Some phones use a different third-party service for their incoming calls.
How do I fix incoming calls not showing up on my Android Phone?
A: You should go to your phone settings and disable the Unknown Sources option. Doing this will prevent apps from messing with incoming calls in Android OS
How do I enable incoming calls on my Samsung?
A: To enable incoming calls on your Samsung Galaxy, you must go to the settings menu. In that menu, scroll down and tap Call Settings. From here, touch the Incoming Calls button.
- incoming calls are not showing on the screen but phone is ringing samsung
- how to fix incoming calls on android
- contact name not showing in incoming calls redmi
- android phone not showing incoming calls
- how to fix incoming call not showing on screen