Steam, a PC gaming platform owned by Valve Corporation, is one of the most popular online game services. One common issue that players face with Steam on Windows PCs is a constant crashing of their service as well as difficulty getting into games and starting them up again. Here are some steps to help you troubleshoot this problem yourself without contacting customer support.,
The “steam keeps crashing when i launch a game” is an issue that many PC users have been experiencing. There are a few things that you can do to troubleshoot the issue.
Update: Use our optimization tool to stop receiving error messages and slowing down your machine. Click here to get it right now.
Steam has been known to crash on occasion, either at launch every time you run it or at random intervals. This is a pretty widespread issue that has been discussed on the official Steam forums as well. The suggested remedies don’t seem to work.
Why does the Steam client keep crashing?
- An antivirus application on your computer might be the source of the issue.
- This issue might occur if the data saved in the AppCache folder is corrupted.
- It’s possible that a third-party program on your computer is causing the issue.
- Steam sometimes needs elevated privileges to execute certain tasks. This issue may arise if it does not have administrator access.
- Your registration details and installed games are kept in ClientRegistry.blob. It’s possible that the data saved there is corrupted, which is creating this issue.
How can I fix Steam when it keeps crashing?
Update for December 2021:
You may now use this program to avoid PC issues such as file loss and infection by utilizing it. It’s also a terrific method to get the most out of your computer’s performance. The software easily repairs common Windows system faults – no need to spend hours debugging when you have the correct answer right at your fingertips:
- Step 1: Get the PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Microsoft Gold Certified for Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, and Vista).
- Step 2: Select “Start Scan” to look for Windows registry issues that might be causing your computer to malfunction.
- Step 3: To address all faults, click “Repair All.”
Make sure your game cache isn’t corrupted.
- Open the Steam client and choose LIBRARY from the drop-down menu.
- Select Properties from the right-click menu of the game that keeps crashing.
- Then select CHECK GAME CHECKER FOR INTEGRITY under the LOCAL FILES tab.
- Then use the CLOSE button to close the window.
- Run the game to check whether the issue has been addressed.
Start the Compatibility Troubleshooter for Programs.
- Select “Properties” from the context menu of the Steam client shortcut on your desktop.
- To run the Compatibility Troubleshooter, go to the Compatibility tab and choose Run Compatibility Troubleshooter.
- To test the software with the suggested compatibility settings, click Try Recommended Settings.
- To test whether this troubleshooting option works, follow the directions on the screen.
Restart the computer.
- To enter the Run dialog box, hit the Windows logo key and R at the same time on your keyboard.
- To open the System Configuration window, type msconfig and click Enter.
- Select the Services tab, check the box labeled Hide all Microsoft services, and then click Disable all.
- Click Open Task Manager after selecting the Autorun tab.
- Select the startup item for each startup item on the Autorun tab of Task Manager, then click Disable.
- Click OK to return to the System Configuration window.
- To restart your computer, click Restart.
- Start the Steam client and restart your computer to check if the issue persists.
Keeping your Windows system up to date
- Type Update while holding down the Windows logo key on your keyboard.
- To access the Windows Update window, click Check for Updates in the list of results.
- To update your Windows system, click Check for Updates.
- After the Windows Update procedure is finished, restart your computer.
RECOMMENDED: To resolve Windows issues and improve system performance, go here.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Watch This Video-
The “steam keeps crashing when downloading” is a problem that has been present for a while. This article will help you troubleshoot the issue and fix it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix Steam not responding?
A: If you have tried all the methods in this article and your Steam is still not working, please contact our customer support at 1-(855)836-2789. They are happy to help you fix any issues that may arise.
What to do if a game keeps crashing on PC?
A: If a game is crashing on your PC, try updating the driver for your GPU.
How do you troubleshoot a crashing application?
A: If you are seeing a crash message or hear an error sound that says something about the application not responding, try restarting your computer and/or reinstalling the software.
- steam keeps closing itself 2021
- steam causing pc to crash windows 10
- steam games crashing 2020
- steam freezes when installing game
- steam keeps crashing on mac