I recently updated my iPhone to iOS 15 and, since then, I have been unable to save new contacts. When creating a new contact in the phone app it tells me that “the name you entered is not yet registered”
The “iphone contacts not saving changes 2020” is a problem that has been present for a while. The issue was solved by the iOS 15 update, but if you are still experiencing it, please contact Apple support.
The date on which this page was last modified was December 7, 2021. -dev D (author) Tagged With: iOS, How To
Is your iPhone not storing contacts, or are saved contacts not appearing when you call? Here’s how to get your iPhone to save contacts again.
We humans can only remember 2-4 phone numbers, making it very difficult to operate a smartphone without contacts. It’s fantastic to be able to store contacts on a gadget like an iPhone. But what if your iPhone isn’t allowing you to save contacts? “My phone won’t store new contacts,” as many iOS users have complained, “how do I solve it!” We were going to provide you some simple remedies that we found useful in this post. But first, let’s figure out why your iPhone isn’t storing your contacts!
Why isn’t my iPhone saving new contact information?
New contacts won’t save on iPhone is an uncommon occurrence, but it may happen. Why is it that new contacts aren’t being saved on my iPhone?
- If you just upgraded your iPhone, you may have noticed a glitch that stops you from saving contacts on your iPhone.
- You may be unable to save a phone number due to a brief iPhone glitch.
- Jailbreaking your iPhone for extra features is entertaining, but it may also lead to significant issues like iPhone Not Saving Contacts.
- Apps created by third parties. If you attempt to save a contact using a third-party app (such as WhatsApp), it may fail or not appear in the Phone/Contacts app.
Now that you know why, here are some solutions to try.
How Do I Get My iPhone To Save Contacts?
Here are a few things you can do to repair it. On the iPhone, new contacts do not save.
Start your iPhone again.
This is a simple, tried-and-true method for resolving the iPhone not storing contacts issue. A momentary problem that prevents you from saving a phone number is resolved by restarting your iPhone. Simply turn off your iPhone, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on. You may also force it to restart. Here’s how to do it:
- To begin, press and hold the side or top power/sleep button as well as the home button at the same time.
- Hold the button down until the Apple logo shows on the screen, then let go of the buttons.
- Try to save the new contact on your iPhone.
Reset your contact information
Why is it that new contacts aren’t being saved on my phone? It’s possible that the source of the problem is inside your contact app. The app may impose limitations on your activities, such as blocking you from storing the contact. Here’s how to change your contact settings back to default.
- From your home screen, go to Settings.
- The header “General Options” will appear when you access the settings menu here. It should be tapped.
- Then scroll down to “Restrictions” and tap it.
- Under “Restrictions,” you’ll notice the option “Contacts,” which you should tap. Allow modifications is now enabled.
I’m hoping that this will solve the iPhone’s Not Saving Contacts problem.
iCloud contact may be turned on and off.
iCloud is used by almost every iPhone to store contacts. Any iCloud malfunction might result in your iPhone’s contacts not being saved. You’ll need to deactivate and reactivate iCloud contact to fix the problem. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Settings and choose your name from the drop-down menu.
- Select iCloud from the menu.
- Contacts should be turned off.
- Restart your iPhone now.
- Go back to settings, find iCloud, and then turn on Contacts.
I’m trying to store iPhone contacts with Gmail, but it’s not working! If you’re using Gmail to save your contacts, here’s how to fix that.
- Select Contacts from the drop-down menu under Settings.
- Go to Accounts and choose it.
- Tap the account that has Contacts listed underneath it.
- Toggle off and wait a few seconds before returning to Contacts.
Attempt several times.
This approach may seem inconvenient, but if you’re having trouble saving only one or two contacts on your iPhone, try saving it many times! If you attempt to update or save the contract five or six times, it will ultimately work. So, if it’s a critical issue, you should try many times until Apple comes up with a permanent solution.
Instead than utilizing third-party applications, save money by using the Contacts/Phone app.
We use third-party applications like WhatsApp to exchange our smartphone contacts on a daily basis. These applications provide the ability to save contact information directly inside the app. It may fail or fail even after seeming to be effective at times. For example, you may believe a contact has been saved, but it does not appear on the Phone/Contacts app. Restarting your gadget at least twice a week is the answer. Alternatively, you may only store the number through the Phone/Contacts app.
Your iPhone should be updated.
A forthcoming iOS release may be able to permanently fix the iPhone Not Saving Contacts problem. It’s a huge answer for any problem, and having up-to-date software is also beneficial to your iPhone’s health. To update your software, go to Settings > General > Software Update. The screen displays the current iOS version and whether or not an update is available. If it’s available, don’t waste any time in downloading it.
Apple should be informed of the problem.
If you can’t store contacts on your iPhone after an iOS upgrade, it’s possible that a bug is preventing you from doing so. You can’t repair the not storing contacts issues with the Handley solutions. In this situation, you must contact Apple to report the problem. Also, for a long-term solution. Continue to update your iPhone to the latest iOS version.
Are you able to resolve the issue with your iPhone not preserving contacts?
We hope that this advice has helped you in resolving the vexing problem of the iPhone not preserving contacts. Reporting the issue to Apple or contacting Apple support may be the best way to resolve the issue of new contacts not saving on iPhone. You may ask your questions in the comment section.
Watch This Video-
Many iPhone users have complained about the iOS 15 update, saying that their contacts are messed up. This is a problem that was fixed in iOS 16. Reference: iphone contacts messed up 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are my contacts not saving on my iPhone?
A: Unfortunately, Apple does not allow users to save contacts on their version of Beat Saber. This is due to copyright restrictions that Sony fears would be leveled against them should they allow something like this.
Why are new contacts not showing up on iPhone?
A: Your email account is not syncing to the iPhone. This means new contacts are not getting added until you fix this issue. To fix it, make sure your connection between your phone and computer is fast enough so that they can be transferred quickly
Why do my contact names keep disappearing on my iPhone?
A: There are a few different things that can cause this issue. The first thing is the inability for iOS to contact Apple, which means you need to do a hard reset on your iPhone in order to fix it. Another possibility would be syncing up with iCloud and not just iTunes, as sometimes some contacts arent able to sync over from Outlook or Google Contacts on those types of platforms. From there all you have left is restoring your phone through iTunes or connecting it back into an older backup and rebuilding your contacts again manually by adding them one at a time
- iphone contacts not saving changes 2021
- iphone not saving contacts name
- iphone not saving contacts in messages
- iphone contacts disappeared after update
- why is my contacts not saving on android