Microsoft Edge 96.0.1043.1 released in the Dev channel
The what is microsoft edge insider channels is a question that many people ask. Microsoft Edge 96.0.1043.1 was released in the Dev channel on 9/13/2018, and it has been updated to support Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (version 1709).
In the Dev channel, a new pre-release version of the Edge browser is currently available. Microsoft Edge 96.0.1043.1 is already out, and it comes with a slew of new features. It’s noteworthy for adding Share support to Windows 7, as well as the Picture in Picture feature, new Group policies, and other improvements. The modifications are listed below.
What’s new in version 96.0.1043.1 of Microsoft Edge?
Features that are new
- Windows 7 now has functionality for sharing.
- On Windows, Picture in Picture functionality has been enabled.
- We’ve finished rolling out the ability to use the context menu to search the web for a picture in the sidebar.
- Management policies (notice that documentation or administrative templates may have not yet been updated):
- Added a policy to regulate whether the Typosquatting Checker is enabled, which is a function that alerts if the website being browsed to isn’t the one intended due to a typo in the URL.
- Whether Renderer App Container support is enabled, a policy to govern if tab processes are generated with additional security has been added.
- Application Guard Upload Blocking is now controlled by a policy, which determines whether files may be uploaded through the Application Guard window.
- A policy to govern when Efficiency Mode is activated has been added.
- A policy to govern whether the New SmartScreen Library is enabled, which will be deprecated and deleted along with the old SmartScreen library, has been added.
- A policy to regulate whether Shared Links are enabled has been added, which restricts access to the list of links shared by or to the user from other Microsoft 365 applications in the History section.
- A policy to set Force Sync Kinds has been added, which defines which types of data must be synchronized.
- Fixed an issue where drawing on a touchscreen may sometimes result in a Blue Screen of Death.
- When autofilling payment card information, a crash occurred.
- The problem where new tabs would crash as soon as they were opened has been resolved.
- A problem with some shopping websites that caused them to crash or go blank has been resolved.
- When closing the final window in a profile, a crash was fixed.
- If a Guest window was the last window closed during the previous session, the program would fail on startup.
- After installing a significant update, there was a crash on startup.
- On mobile, a crash on startup was fixed.
- On Android 12, a crash was fixed.
More fixes and known problems are included in the official change log.
Download the Microsoft Edge Developer Edition.
On the official Edge Insider website, you may download the Chromium-based Microsoft Edge Dev. Existing users will automatically get the update in the following hours. If you want to speed things up, go to Settings (Alt + F) > Help > About Microsoft Edge in the menu and force it to look for updates and download the latest version.
Please help us.
Winaero is completely reliant on your help. Use these choices to assist the site keep providing you interesting and helpful information and software:
On October 14, 2021, Sergey Tkachenko posted on Microsoft Edge.
Sergey Tkachenko’s Biography
Sergey Tkachenko is a Russian software engineer who founded Winaero in 2011. Sergey writes about everything related to Microsoft, Windows, and popular applications on this site. Telegram, Twitter, and YouTube are all places where you may find him.
The download old version of edge chromium is a new update that has been released in the Dev channel. Microsoft Edge 96.0.1043.1 is available for download now, but it is not recommended to install on your main system until it has been tested more thoroughly by Microsoft.
- firebug for microsoft edge
- microsoft edge api
- how to change microsoft edge channel
- versions of edge
- microsoft edge roadmap