This is a short guide on how to repair the WD My Passport Ultra not detected in Windows 10 issue. If you run into issues with your WD device and it cannot be detected, or if you’re unable to see its storage space, this article should help fix that problem.
The “WD My Passport Ultra not showing up in Windows 10” is an issue that has been present for a while. A fix was released to fix the issue.
authored by Matthew Adams
Expert in Windows and Software
Matthew is a freelance writer who has written a number of articles on different technology-related themes. His major interest is the Windows operating system and all that surrounds it. He is enthralled by… Read more
Updated on November 18, 2021.
Date published: June 2020
- WD Passport Ultra external hard drives feature a sleek metal look and come with USB-C. They come in sizes ranging from 1TB to 5TB.
- Replace the cable, run the troubleshooter, or utilize a partition manager if the disk is not recognized by your Windows 10 PC. More information may be found in the article.
- Visit the external hard drives section for further information on these types of drives.
- Check out the Peripherals Hub if you’re having any additional troubles with your different gadgets.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
What should you do if your WD Passport Ultra HDD isn’t detected by Windows 10?
- Use a different USB cable to connect the drive.
- Open the Troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices.
- Drivers for the USB controller and the WD My Passport Ultra device need be updated.
- Connect the My Passport Ultra HDD to your laptop or desktop computer.
- For WD My Passport Ultra, change the path and drive letter.
- With EaseUS Partition Manager, examine the drive’s file system.
Users may use the WD My Passport Ultra external hard drive with Windows 10 PCs and laptops. However, some customers have reported that the WD My Passport Ultra disks are not detected by their linked PCs and laptops.
As a result, the disk isn’t recognized and isn’t visible in File Explorer on Windows 10. These are a few possible solutions for not being able to recognize your WD My Passport Ultra.
How to Fix WD My Passport Ultra Not Detecting or Showing Up
1. Use a different USB cable to connect the drive.
To begin, connect My Passport Ultra to your computer or laptop using a different USB connection. It’s possible that the USB cord is broken. If this is the case, replacing the cable will most likely solve the problem.
Connect the My Passport Ultra disk to a different USB port as well. The drive is recognized when connected through USB 2.0 slots, however it is not identified when connected via USB 3.0 ports, according to certain users. As a result, the problem might be caused by one of the USB controllers.
2. Launch the Troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices.
External hardware faults are detected and fixed via the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. When a device isn’t recognized, this is a good troubleshooter to remember. This is how users may access the Windows troubleshooter.
3. Download and install the latest USB controller and WD My Passport Ultra device drivers.
Devices that aren’t detected are often fixed by updating device drivers. Users may need to upgrade the USB controller or My Passport Ultra drivers in this instance.
Driver updater software is a simple and fast approach to check for outdated or corrupted drivers that need to be updated.
Expert Tip: Some PC problems, such as damaged repositories or missing Windows files, are difficult to resolve. If you’re having problems repairing a mistake, it’s possible that your system is partly broken. Restoro is a tool that will scan your computer and determine the source of the problem. To download and begin mending, go here.
Furthermore, they may precisely match your hardware with the appropriate drivers. This ensures that you will not encounter any problems as a result of installing an incompatible driver.
We prefer DriverFix because it is incredibly user-friendly and lightweight, and it comes with all of the tools you need to update and repair your drivers.
4. Connect the My Passport Ultra HDD to your laptop or desktop computer.
- Press the Type here to search button on the taskbar to launch the Cortana app.
- In the search box, type the phrase ‘troubleshoot.’
- To see a list of troubleshooters displayed under Settings, click Troubleshoot.
- Then, under Hardware and Devices, tap the Troubleshooter button to start the troubleshooter.
- The troubleshooter will launch, and it may be able to help you solve your My Passport Ultra HDD. To implement the recommended resolutions, click the Apply this Fix option.
5. Change the WD My Passport Ultra’s path and drive letter.
- When users alter the drive letter and path for My Passport Ultra, Windows may detect it. To do so, hit the Windows key + R hotkey to bring up the Run dialog.
- Click the OK button after typing ‘diskmgmt.msc’ in Run.
- Then, in the Disk Management window, right-click the WD My Passport Ultra drive and choose Change Drive Letter and Paths.
- To assign a drive letter, go to Add and choose Assign the following drive letter from the drop-down menu. Then, from the drop-down menu, choose a drive letter.
- Users may also pick a different drive letter by clicking the Change button.
- Then, to apply the new drive letter, hit the OK button.
- After changing the drive letter, restart Windows 10.
6. Examine the File System on the Drive
It’s possible that the file system on the My Passport Ultra drive is corrupted. With the EaseUS Partition Master program, users may scan for and repair damaged system files.
To install the freeware EaseUS partition program on Windows, go to the software’s homepage and click Free Download.
Connect the My Passport Ultra HDD to the desktop or laptop after installing the program. Right-click the My Passport Ultra drive in EaseUS Partition Master and choose Check File System.
After that, a window called Check File System will appear. To inspect the file system, press the Start button.
If none of the following fixes the WD My Passport Ultra not being recognized, the drive may need to be repaired. A three-year guarantee is included with My Passport Ultra. As a result, consumers may return the external hard drive to Western Digital during the warranty term for possible repairs.
All of the strategies listed above may be used to solve similar problems that some users are experiencing:
- WD, I’m having passport issues – The most common issue is that the disk isn’t identified by Windows and isn’t visible in File Explorer. To solve this, read the article.
- WD passport not recognized — This problem is the same as the linked drive not being identified, hence the same fixes apply.
- My passport ultra driver from WD – For Windows, the disk is immediately installed. In the event of issues, a Driver Manager may be able to locate a more suitable driver for your device.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are two responses to this post.
Watch This Video-
The “wd my passport not showing up in file explorer” is a problem that has been present for a while. WD has released a fix to the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix my WD Passport Ultra not detected?
A: Your WD Passport Ultra might have become corrupted and will not be detected on your PC. There are a few different ways to fix this issue, including running the Recovery Toolkit which is included with every drive or getting in touch with the manufacturer of your hard drive for help.
How do I fix my WD hard drive not recognized Windows 10?
A: You need to install a software utility like EaseUS Partition Master.
How do I fix my WD external hard drive not showing up on my computer?
A: Most likely, the problem is due to a device manager error. You will need to uninstall and reinstall your WD external hard drive in order for it to be recognized by Windows again. Once you have done so, try connecting it on Windows 10 or follow these steps
- wd my passport repair tool
- wd my passport ultra driver windows 10
- wd passport light on but not working
- wd my passport ultra not showing up mac
- wd my passport for mac not showing up on windows