Windows 10 introduced a new install process for Windows, which can sometimes be difficult to troubleshoot. Here’s how you can fix the issue when it happens.
The “Windows 10 installation has failed media creation tool” is a problem that is present for Windows 10 and Windows 11.
Aleksandar Ognjanovic is a writer who lives in Serbia.
Expert in Troubleshooting
Technology is Aleksandar’s major interest. With a strong literary background, he is motivated to bring cutting-edge technology to the masses. He constantly sees the next great thing around him with his acute eye… Continue reading
16th of December, 2021
Publish date: April 2020
- Installed components might cause Windows installation to fail, so be careful to remove them before attempting to upgrade.
- Certain applications, such as your antivirus, might interfere with the correct installation of Windows.
- In certain cases, a clean reinstall is the only option to permanently resolve the problem.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
It is normally easy to upgrade from one version of Windows to another; you just start the procedure and wait for it to complete. While this is typically the case, update difficulties can arise from time to time.
Specifically, several customers were asked with the Windows installation has failed message after seeming to complete the installation. They had to start all over again, but the outcome was the same.
This may be an issue, particularly if you’re anxious to test out the new version of Windows, but fortunately, there are a few quick fixes available.
To address this, we compiled a list of potential solutions that could be useful. If you’re still having trouble installing anything, follow the instructions we’ve given below.
Why does the notification “Windows installation failed” appear?
This error message might arise for a variety of reasons, but it is most often caused by installed components or security software.
Connected devices may potentially cause issues, so be sure you unplug them before installing Windows. Finally, file corruption might be the source of this issue.
What Windows versions are impacted by this problem?
The message “Windows installation failed” is a general issue that may show on practically any version of Windows.
This bug seems to impact all versions, and many people have reported issues installing Windows 11, implying that even the most recent version is vulnerable.
What can I do if the Windows installation fails problem appears on Windows 10 or 11?
1. Double-check that you’ve met all of the conditions.
- 1 GB RAM for 32 bit and 2 GB RAM for 64 bit
- Hard drive space: 16 GB for 32-bit systems and 20 GB for 64-bit systems
- 1GHz or faster CPU
- 800 x 600 pixels is the screen resolution.
- Graphics: WDDM 1.0 driver with Microsoft DirectX 9 or later.
- Internet access is available.
2. Remove the language pack.
- To do so, hold down the Windows key and the letter I.
- Go to the Time and Language section.
- In the left pane, choose Language. Select all non-English languages you have and click Remove in the right pane.
- Check to see whether the issue has been fixed after eliminating all of them.
If you’re experiencing trouble with this method, check out our guide to learn what to do if you can’t get rid of the keyboard language.
3. Disconnect all external devices.
Expert Tip: Some PC problems, such as damaged repositories or missing Windows files, are difficult to resolve. If you’re having problems repairing a mistake, it’s possible that your system is partly broken. Restoro is a tool that will scan your computer and determine the source of the problem. To download and begin mending, go here.
Disconnect any non-essential peripherals before beginning the upgrade. Printers, gamepads, external disks, and other similar devices fall under this category.
Begin the upgrading procedure after disconnecting them. Reconnect your gadgets if the operation was successful.
4. Remove any third-party antivirus software.
- Select Apps and Features from the menu by pressing Windows key + X.
- Uninstall your antivirus program by selecting it and clicking Uninstall.
- To delete it, follow the directions on the screen.
- After you’ve removed the program, try upgrading again.
5. When requested, choose to retain just files.
- Begin the upgrading procedure.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until you reach the “keep” screen.
- Choose the option to only keep personal files.
- To finish the procedure, follow the steps.
6. Repair the BCD
- Click the Power button on the Start Menu. Select Restart while holding down the Shift key.
- Select Troubleshoot from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Open the Command Prompt window. Choose your account and, if prompted, enter your password.
- One by one, run the following commands: bootrec /FixMbr bootrec /FixBoot bootrec /ScanOs bootrec /RebuildBcd bootrec /FixMbr bootrec /FixBoot bootrec /FixBoot bootrec /FixBoot bootrec
- This should complete the repair process, allowing you to update your PC without difficulty.
7. Use installation media to upgrade.
- The Media Creation Tool is available for download.
- Run the program when it has been downloaded.
- Accept the terms and conditions of service.
- Select the option to update your computer.
- Wait for Windows to download the required files. Depending on your Internet speed, this may take some time.
- To finish the update, follow the directions on the screen.
8. Carry out a fresh installation.
- Run the Media Creation Tool after downloading it.
- Connect your PC to an empty USB flash drive.
- Create installation media is the option to choose.
- From the list, choose your flash drive.
- Wait for the procedure to finish. Depending on your Internet speed, this may take some time.
- Restart your computer.
- Now, as your computer boots, keep pressing the boot menu key. The key varies by motherboard manufacturer and is shown momentarily as the computer boots up.
- Choose your USB flash drive from the drop-down menu.
- To finish the procedure, follow the directions on the screen.
What should you do if your Windows 11 installation fails?
Check to see whether TPM is turned on.
- To enter BIOS, restart your computer and keep pressing F2.
- Navigate to the Security section after you’ve entered BIOS.
- Look for the PTT of TPM option and turn it on.
- You may also activate Secure Boot if you want to.
- Save your modifications and try again with the installation.
We recommend reading our tutorial on how to activate TPM in various BIOS versions for more details.
What are the prerequisites for Windows 11?
- CPU: 1GHz dual-core processor with 64-bit compatibility
- RAM: 4GB
- 64GB or more of storage
- Firmware: UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) includes Secure Boot support
- TPM 2.0 TPM 2.0 TPM 2.0 TPM 2.0 TPM 2.0 TPM 2.0 T
You may install Windows 11 without TPM if necessary, however this poses a security risk and is not advised.
What is a clean install of Windows?
A clean install is when you utilize Windows installation discs to completely reinstall your operating system.
Typically, a clean install implies formatting your hard disk and starting over without any apps or data. If you decide to do so, we highly suggest you to make a backup of your data beforehand.
Fixing the Windows installation has failed problem is rather straightforward, and you should be able to do so using our suggestions.
If the problem persists, your only alternative may be to make a bootable flash drive and do a clean installation of Windows.
Have you come up with an alternative solution to this problem? If so, please tell us about it in the comments area below.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Was this page of assistance to you? 2
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Watch This Video-
The “windows 10 installation has failed 2004” is a problem that some Windows 10 and 11 users are experiencing. The Windows installation has failed on the computer, but it can be fixed by following these steps.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix Windows 10 installation failed?
How do I restart a failed Windows 10 install?
A: Windows 10 allows you to retry failed installs by opening the Troubleshooting screen under Settings > Update & security. You can then select Reset this PC and follow the prompts for your version of Windows, either Home or Pro.
- windows 10 installation has failed when upgrading from windows 7
- windows 10 installation has failed no error code
- windows 10 failed to install
- windows 10 installation has failed upgrade
- windows 10 installation failed at 74